Call for submissions to Computers in Human Behavior - Special Issue on Gamification: Gameful Design, Research, and Applications.
Following the conference on Gamification 2013: Gameful Design, Research, and Applications (see the conference videos here), the conference organizers and editors of this special issue invite researchers to submit contributions on all aspects of gamification to this special issue of Computers in Human Behavior. See this other post, with a link to the Proceedings of Gamification 2013.
Gamification uses game design to make a system that primarily supports non-game tasks more fun, engaging, and motivating. We invite a wide variety of high-quality research papers into our special issue. We seek to understand the research necessary for increasingly effective implementation of,gamification in business, health, education andmentertainment. We welcome substantial research studies of gamification successes and failures, unanswered questions about gamification, gamification metrics and processes, methods of gamification commercialization and more.
This special issue aims gamification researchers interested in - but not limited to - the following fields:
- Game Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Game Studies
- User Experience and Interaction Design
- Social Sciences and Humanities (e.g., digital humanities,
communication research, sociology)
Special Issue Editors:
- Lennart Nacke, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Sebastian Deterding, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Kevin Harrigan, University of Waterloo
- Neil Randall, University of Waterloo
- May 30, 2014: Submission deadline
- August 30, 2014: Notification back to authors
- April, 2015: Planned date of publication