Workshop on Personalization in Serious and Persuasive Games and Gamified Interactions (October 4th, 2015) in conjunction with
Submission Deadline: 01.09.2015
- Theoretical explorations of the differences and communalities of the notions personalization, customization, adaptation and tailoring.
- Contributions exploring factors for personalization, e.g. personality, cognitive abilities, gender, persuadability, player types, gamification user types, different states, customization of game input/output devices, preferences in regard to the game interface, game preferences as well as contextual and situational variables.
- Studies showing the effect of personalization, especially on several relevant dependent variables, e.g. holistic player/user experience, emotional and cognitive appeal, usage frequency and cultural background.
- The development and validation of new and improved models for personalization e.g. advanced player/gamification user type models.
- Contributions exploring design practices, guidelines and challenges as well as procedures and patterns, around personalization of serious games and gamified systems.
- (Industrial) case studies and (commercial) examples of personalized serious and persuasive games and gamified systems (benefits, risks, practical impact).
- Success stories and stories of failure with regard to personalization of serious and persuasive games and gamified systems. Limitations and requirements of personalization.
- Studies on the return of investment and costs-benefits analyses of personalization in serious and persuasive games and gamified interactions.
- Other market- and industry relevant considerations of personalized serious games and gamified systems as well as new business models and opportunities for personalization (e.g. personalization as premium feature).